Friday, August 6, 2010

I've Got a BRAND New, Old House?!

Some may know, some may not, but about 2 weeks ago, I just really felt God was leading me to stay put and be happy in the house where I currently live. That's not what I originally wanted, nor what I thought God was calling me to do, but God really changed my mind and gave me peace about the possibility. As we all do, I said, well, okay God, I will wait till November and if it hasn't sold, then I will see about staying.  I'm laughing now as I think about what happened but basically, a situation presented and I felt God saying now is the time...so I made an offer to buy out and it was accepted.  As of today, the house is officially all mine!  First United Bank here in Krum (shout out!) did an amazing job handling the whole deal in about 4 hours to make it happen quick and efficiently.  They are the best as I was originally told it could take 2 weeks to do the paperwork.  But, again, when God wants something to happen, He moves fast!  I am at complete peace with staying in my "old" house, and I know it was of God because everything went super smooth and easy (and that is not the case generally in this market).
As a cool side note,  I got an unexpected amount of cash within a 3 day period about a month ago that was unexpected and baffling...but I felt God saying hang on to it...and I did, didn't touch a penny. Well, I will have you know that the exact amount of the buyout is the exact amount of that lump sum! Coincidence? I think not! As my brother-in-law said, this is the stuff testimonies are made out of as that can ONLY be from God...and I agree whole heartedley. And a second side note, my neighbors have agreed to buy 2 acres from me so I will only have to upkeep 7 vs 9 acres and that money I'm going to use to redecorate and make it "mine"...can you say zebra, bling, and a chandelier or two?!  Who knows! And, there just may be a pool in that backyard by next summer...the possibilities are endless!  (Again, they approached me out of the blue...I didn't initiate and that answered an issue of not having to upkeep as much land on my own, which was one of the reasons I wanted to move in the first place). I'm super stoked!!! And the last cool thing, as I was wrestling with all of this (and it didn't come easy and I've cried some tears and wrestled the decision at first before I submitted to whatever God asked me to do)...I was thinking well IF I stayed, I don't want to buy a tractor and upkeep a piece of equipment that big...how would I take care of this place? I just thought it, didn't even pray about it, just a hmm thought. Literally, 2 days later I was walking my trash to the road before riding and one of my neighbors drove by and then turned around and said, "hey, you want me to mow your pastures?" (My mouth had to be hanging open as I said umm, yea!?)...and then went on to say, hey we have a tractor, we never use it, come and borrow it at any time!!! I was speechless...and that never happens! After we visited and I went to ride, I just cried (and I'm tearing up now) thinking how God has just provided over and over for me in this struggle and for sure, He is a God of details! Even something so insignificant as that...He answered a prayer before I could even ask! At that point...I said ok God, that was you and I will stay if you will make it happen! And...He has!

I want to thank each of you for your prayers and I wanted just to share how awesome our God is to each of us every day if we just look and acknowledge it! And one last aside...I had a plumber come do some work last week and completely out of the blue, and I don't know him from Adam, he said "why would you ever sell this place? Its so peaceful and if I was you I would never sell and I would hang on to it"...again, mouth open and speechless! It was almost a direct message from God himself as this guy didn't even know that I was divorced, but I was like, you know, I am at peace here through the grace of God...and I really felt at that moment God was going to keep me there!  At that point, I didn't know when or how...but I just knew.

Thanks again for praying and believing in me and our God, even when its sounded crazy...all the glory to God!  Now let's celebrate!

Going home tonight to a "new" home,

JOY
PS...Just gotta share this passage to as I've been living it and it's one of my favorites!

Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,

because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]


2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,


3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

5 Aliens will shepherd your flocks;
foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.

6 And you will be called priests of the LORD,
you will be named ministers of our God.
You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and in their riches you will boast.

7 Instead of their shame
my people will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
they will rejoice in their inheritance;
and so they will inherit a double portion in their land,
and everlasting joy will be theirs.



5 comments:

  1. That's great Joy.
    That is just like our Lord. When we release our will to Him it allows Him to move in the ways He has for us. I like this quote, "I finally came to realize that what God wants for me IS what's best for me." Sam Bradford

    But then knowing it and doing it are 2 different things. Happy for you. Don't ever hesitate to let us (CT Denton Men's Group) know if you ever need help. Danny &/Or Ron can always reach us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy!
    Our God is an Awesome God.....
    I am so thankful that you are still seeking him and believing in him to keep working in your heart and soul.He has truly blessed you! AMEN.

    Kelly Weier

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy for you!!!

    **David & Nicole Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Our God is so incredibly awesome and I just can't help sharing all HE HAS DONE...again, nothing I could have done. I give Him all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is a God of details isn't He? Congratulations on the house! I am always reminded that God inhabits the praises of His people! So sing those praises girl!

    I am always amazed at how he shows up and shows off, just when I am in need the most! "I" had made plans last year to take my sister-in-law Peggy to her first Beth Moore Living Proof conference. This was in our home town of St Louis June 25th and 26th so it was perfect. All the while, I just kept thinking about how "I" had planned this, "I" had purchased the tickets for Peggy's birthday gift and so on...

    Only God knew that Dave's dad would pass away suddenly June 16th and that my Mom would be diagnosed with cancer the very next day! I had already planned a weeks vacation in St Louis the week prior to the conference for some girl time with Peggy. As it turned out, I was there for my Mom's surgery and the week after she was released from the hospital!

    Peggy and I went to the Beth Moore Conference and it was EXACTLY what I needed and WHERE I needed to be!! With everything going on, the Holy Spirit washed over the both of us and we felt the presence of Almighty God, giving us release and comfort!!

    God is amazing and I never cease to be amazed by Him!
    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete