Thursday, March 31, 2011

Glimpses of God

For me, often times the Lord will speak through song and shed light on a subject that I may be processing at the time.  I find it interesting that I can hear a song over and over but then one day it can mean something totally different.  That is such a God thing!  I just love Addison Road and her song, "What Do I Know of Holy," has always been a favorite, but I heard it recently and it just took on a whole new meaning to me.  I included a link for your listening pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6J5TzSE_18

It's a beautiful song, but the part that really got to me is the following:

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

That is some powerful stuff right there and I couldn't think of a better way to describe that feeling of reverence and awe for the Lord!  I don't know about you that read this blog, but in my past, I honestly really felt I "got" God...as in I understood Him.  How arrogant was that?  At this point in my walk with God...I realize that I can't even begin to fathom who God really and truly is...my pea-sized brain just can't wrap around it all.  As I struggled and went through trials and even now as His plan for my life is unfolding, I have begun to get a glimpse of Him...and it for sure has dropped me to my knees.  He's so much more than I ever realized...He's indescribable, uncontainable, all powerful, untameable...He is utterly amazing (oops, I just channelled Chris Tomlin for a minute!).  It's made me see that I gave myself way too much credit in the past for having life "all figured out" and for playing God of my only little universe.  What do I know!?!

I think that's why this song cuts me to my core...it reminds me that God is more than I can ever understand or comprehend.  And thank goodness for that!  Would I really want to serve a God I could outsmart/outwit/and outplan?  I think not.  

JOY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment