Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shooting Stars

Does anyone remember that song "Signs, Signs, Everywhere there are signs"? For some reason that is stuck in my head today as I type this blog!

Two weeks ago, I had gone to a women's conference called "Storm Shelter"...man, was it ever powerful! It was all about how to survive and thrive in the storms of this life, because let's face it...we all are going to have storms. These women had been able to turn horrible situations into powerful messages for the Kingdom by submitting to God's will for their lives and God had just worked it all for good! After I got home, I just had a lot on my mind and was doing a lot of self-reflection. I really was at a cross road....what do I pray for now? I really was at a loss of even the direction of my prayers at this specific point.

It was one of those nights where you could see every star in the sky, and it was a peaceful, perfect spring Texas night outside (remind me of this night in about a month when all I want to do is be in the a/c!). I went out and sat on my porch in my rocking chair and just started talking to God about where does He want me to go next in my journey. Often times, I do a lot of talking TO God, but sometimes I am not the best at talking WITH God and listening for His voice. Am I the only one that does this??? It was just a special time where I sat there, cried, and just let it all out and laid it all at God's feet. As I sat and looked up at the beautiful, clear night, I realized that if God strategically placed every star in the sky, why would I ever think that He was not in control of my life? He knew way before I was even born how my situation would go and exactly how it will end. That gave me great comfort. I just sat there and asked Him, "Am I going about this situation right? Is this what you want me to be doing? Because God, it's hard!" Because, in reality, God had directed me early on in the course of events to stand for my marriage (that's a story for another day) but I hadn't really asked and LISTENED in awhile if this is STILL where He wanted me to be. No sooner did these words leave my mouth, exactly where I was looking in the sky, a shooting star dashed across the sky. I just started sobbing...it was a sign for me and I just felt the presence of the Lord. Did any of you see that falling star that night on April 10th? Probably not. I just heard God's quiet voice speaking over me to stay the course, this is what He has called me to do and that shooting star was a sign from Him regarding my covenant to Him and my husband and my marriage. Now THAT was a popcorn moment for sure! I just got down on my knees, and humbled myself before God and thanked Him for all He has done for me and that He cares about me and my situation enough to speak to me in that way. He holds the entire universe in the palm of His hand, yet He still has time for every little detail of my life and my problems. He reveals His plan to me and what to do next slowly, but surely, but only when I am ready for it. He knows what the next step will be and how it will all turn out...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Pressing On,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment