Friday, April 30, 2010

Well I'm at the flannagans and unpacked all my supplies and resting on the balcony with the team. Its hot...think texas in june with no ac, no hot water, and running water questionable...but we can take a bucket bath! Got through custome easy although there suddenly were 2 theodores fighting over my bags. Cost me a few dollars to settle the dispute but no worries. The devastation is unreal...but has been cleaned up a lot. I haven't taken pics yet...just soaking it in. I've been to some very poor nations and this is the worst. There are 4 locals living in the house..all missing limbs, legs broken, like a hospital. We are getting a plan together for the week and soaking it all in. People are sweet but have a look of sadness and fear. Everyones on crutches. My heart goes out to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment