Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Aren't moms great?

Well appears I brought back a piece of haiti that I didn't intend to...giardia (protozoal parasite in contaminated water/food).  I know Karen, Jess and I all have it and are miserable.  Horrible gastrointestinal problems and just weak, weak, weak.  Alicia is Iron Woman and probably is sailing right on through...guess being a vegetarian is smart!

I'm so weak that I finally had to say "mercy" and call in reinforcements...good ole Mom.  I haven't eaten since Monday night and all I can do is lay in bed and just feel miserable.  My poor horse...I didn't even feed her last night as I just couldn't muster up the strength to get out of bed so you know it is bad.  Mom is almost here and I'm leaving work and heading to bed.  Please keep me and the other girls in your prayers for a speedy recovery and purge this from our system. 

At least I'm in the good ole USA with a/c and a comfy bed to weather this storm.  So glad for Mom coming up as well.  She's the best nurse and it will be nice to be waited on hand and foot and not have to worry about anything but coming to work and limping through my day.  I need a vacation from my vacation!

Love you Mom!
JOY

1 comment:

  1. Yea Joy's Mom! Take good care of yourself and know you are always in my prayers! Best, Katy

    ReplyDelete