Friday, May 7, 2010

But as americans we are so full of pride, we just call these idols "the american way" and justify it. Everyone gets divorced...no big deal. Don't have time for church, Making a living for the family. Have to work late a lot...kids will understand and hey they need braces, ipod, wii, college, etc. Need bigger house, more money but of course hang on to it tightly and don't help others. Me, me, me...that's the american chant and it is most definitely an idol that we are sacrificing and slaving to and that 'stuff' gets in the way of our time and relationship with God. So we can look down on haiti and say, wow, we would Never do that...but don't we in our own 'acceptable' american way? Things to ponder...deep thoughts by joy with way more to come soon! Gotta go prop up my huge swollen cankles...this heat makes you swell like crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Well girl, this is Cindy, I can't figure out how to sign in..lol
    But I am finally getting caught up with you and glad to hear things are going well considering, it does give a person alot to be thankful for and you are inspiring to me more than ever and I didn't think that was possible cause I already knew you were DA BOMB! Can't wait for you to get back and get together.
    Keep up the good work, I love you and have been thinking about you everyday!

    ReplyDelete