Monday, May 3, 2010

Just finished 2 hours of vaccinating island horses, deworming and trimming feet. I was able to teach the vet students and the care takers how to do this so that was fun and rewarding. Bought a fruit basket from the locals made all out of plastic water bags they sell to drink out of. Trash is a huge problem here and there are zero trash cans. Everything is just thrown down...horrible. So I was glad to see a creative solution. Heading back to PAP now so back to the hustle and bustle of the city. The country here has been so nice and beautiful. Not much damage out here from the quake. Much different in the city. The tent cities and conditions these people are living in is just undescribeable. I will try to post a picture today if it will go through. Much more loss of hope and sadness in the city...and fear. the workers living with the missionaries I'm here with still won't stay inside but in tents outide.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear everything is going well! Thinking of and praying for you all! So glad to see your updates and that they are coming through. I look forward to the next one! I've been having a hard time getting my comments to post. -Erin

    ReplyDelete