Monday, May 10, 2010

Back to the grind...day 1

Did I ever really leave?  It almost seems as if the last 10 days were just a figment of my imagination...

It really does seem a bit surreal that a few days ago, I was in Haiti...and now today, I'm back to work, business as usual.  The world didn't stop because I was gone...Maybe the Haiti trip was just a dream?  Wait...check bug bites...nope, definitely didn't get these suckers here in Texas!  So, no need to pinch myself...I have the bug bites to prove I was indeed gone the past 10 days.

And in typical post-vacation trip fashion (can I really call this trip a vacay?), the real world came crashing back down around me today.  It is nice sometimes to leave and escape the problems of this life, isn't it?  Even if that means a third world country...it sure is nice to think about someone else's problems vs your own for a change.  But, that's not reality, now is it?  If we leave our problems...they are just waiting for us when we come back.  Hello, old friend, good to see you again.  NOT!

Does it seem like I am asking a lot of rhetorical questions today?  If you are saying that to yourself and wondering if I'm delirious from dengue fever or malaria the answer is, no, unfortunately I'm about as normal as it gets (minus this haitian cold that I'm trying to kick!)...which isn't very normal!  But, after this trip, I'm honestly asking MYSELF a lot of questions...ones that I don't have the foggiest idea on how to answer but I know God does and in time, I'm hoping He will let me in on those answers.

Whenever you're ready God...I'm waiting...but in the meantime, can I at least buy a vowel?  Or just a clue? 

Oh well, it was worth a try!

JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment