Friday, May 7, 2010

As far as sickness, I've got the cold, jess has montezumas revenge, kelly is recovering from malaria, and nancy (haitian woman who lives here recovering from fractured leg from quake) is sick,too. Jan is running a hospital! I think karen and alicia have so far been unscathed. I'm glad if I had to get sick, it's at the end and not the beginning. But being sick in this heat with no ac makes matters worse. You just get so weak. Makes me feel bad for those on the street who have no fan even to lie under when they are sick. Tomorrow, I leave at noon out of here to head back to the states. I will miss haiti and I'm always going to look back on this trip with great memories and I think it will be a turning point in my life when I look back one day. I've made great friends and I'm already planning a trip to st kitts before the girls are out of school and then one to niagara falls NY to visit karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment