Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Remember my name...

Well it's been a week I think since I posted anything so some updates are in order!  First off, I'm finally feeling much better with my GI issues.  Mom came in and took care of me so that was quite the blessing to not have to worry about what to eat or take care of anything at the house, so all I had to do was to just rest and concentrate on getting well.  I tried to pay her to stay full time and cook, clean and be my assistant but I guess I don't pay enough!  Thanks for the prayers and support in the last several weeks...they have been felt and needed.

Sometime last week, Pastor Rick Warren posted this quote on his Facebook page:

Acts19:15 The demon said "I know Jesus & I know Paul...but who are you?" Are you so RADICAL in love & faith that Satan knows YOUR name?

That quote really got me thinking...and I have to admit, I have been through some trials and suffering since I have been back from Haiti and as one friend of mine said, I have stared satan right in the face and let me tell you, it is not pretty and it is not fun to be under spiritual persecution.  But here's the thing...through some rough stuff, I have been able to pick myself up off the ground from the depths of despair and stand on the Rock.  Wasn't easy and I had some pivotal decisions to make on who was I going to follow and if I still had fight in me but I'm still here and I'm still standing.  Job 13:15 says it best "Though he slay me, yet I will hope in Him".  I have seen the evil of the enemy, not just in Haiti, but here in the US and I'm on to him and he doesn't like it when we see through his smoke and mirrors.  But, his time is limited, he is desperate and it will get uglier for me.  But every stinkin' time he does something to torment me...in the midst of it, God turns it for good.  EVERY!TIME!  You think that would make it easier when you are in the valley but it doesn't and I'm not going to lie.  Walking through pain, trials and fire is rough stuff.  The refining process is not fun but there is beauty from ashes and I think sometimes you have to go to the depths of hell to appreciate the mountain tops and cherish them.

I just hope I can live my life where at the mention of my name, the enemy will tremble because of what they know I'm doing for the Kingdom.  I may have been down, but I most certainly am not beaten.

Still here on the Rock,
JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment