Thursday, May 6, 2010

Well the surgery on jan's cat was a success! Alicia and jess each neutered one side perfectly under my watchful eye and there were no calamities and our patient is doing fine. They said I was an excellent teacher so they are my new favorite students! Then, we examined the sick goat and figured out despite many dewormings she has a heavy resistant parasite burden...haemonchus contortus...that can make them super anemic so supportive care is in order at this time and aggressive deworming vs surgery. So our resident parasitologist ie vet students were quite excited! So we got several things accomplished, which on haiti time is quite successful. My trip here is coming to a close and I'm so thankful of the wonderful people I've met and the things I've seen and learned...my eyes have been opened not just for haiti but for others who have needs as well. Lots to reflect on and think about in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment